Sheikh Khalifa Bridge, United Arab Emirates
Location: Abu Dhabi, De forente arabiske emirater
Connection between Abu Dhabi City and Saadiyat Island
- length: 1,455 m
- width: 60 m (one of the widest bridges in the world)
- production of two v-shaped sets of pier which are nearly 20 m high and inclined up to 27°
- production of abutments, 19 foreland piers and a superstructure
ARGE Ed. Züblin AG, Saif Bin Darwish Engineering Contractor
Jens Nagel | Alexander Schmalz
Deputy Project Manager | Site Manager
From PERI, we are used to getting reliability - for the technical support and the systems. The formwork solution used with VARIO and raised formwork units is extremely stable and the PERI UP modular scaffold is easy to install and flexible in use. The moving procedure is carried out with large-sized transportable units.
With the PERI formwork solution for the cantilevered construction, it was possible for us to minimize the work involved for adapting to the different bridge cross-sections from cycle to cycle.
- formwork and shoring for the production of the main piers in four climbing steps with a concreting cycle height of 4.70m
- modification of scaffolding to the geometry and different occurring loads
- usage of rentable system components
PERI utstyr brukt i prosjektet